Drain relining is a cost-effective and no-mess alternative to traditional drain repairs.
Our non-intrusive methods will ensure your drains are back to perfect working condition in no time, and will remain free flowing for years to come.
Full drain relining benefits include:
- No costly excavation of surfaces
- Minimum disruption and down time
- Suitable for diameter ranges 100 to 1200mm
- Able to negotiate bends and offset joints
- Continuous section – no potential weak spots at joins
- All types of pipe material can be considered for renovation
- Lining systems available for runs containing diameter changes
- Runs of of up to 550 to 600 metres relined in one continuous length
- Increased flow rates
- Prevents tree root infestation
- All renovation and reline works are covered by our 10–25 Year Guarantee dependant upon type of lining
DALROD’s distinctive silver Drain Relining and Sewer Renovation division fully self-contained vehicles
The drain relining method
A flexible liner impregnated with resin is pushed through the drain, whilst an air bag is also pushed through to mould the resin to the pipe. The liner is heated, and once cooled will mould exactly to the sides of the original pipe. Once the air bag is removed, it leaves behind a smooth new pipe inside the original.
DALROD have recently introduced the Browliner® environmentally friendly re-lining system for working on sensitive projects and in the majority of situations would use epoxy resin EP09 100-1 conforming to BSEN13566-4:2022 which is the only resin to attract WRC approved PT/313/1010.
Del Guiton, Group Sales and Marketing Manager, explains the DALROD Drain Relining service.
The drain relining process
Drain relining takes place following an initial CCTV camera survey that will have revealed a damaged area. DALROD provide a full CCTV camera survey service for a number of scenarios:
- A problem with the drainage might be obvious or suspected
- As part of the routine with an ongoing commercial maintenance contract
- To provide a survey to show the condition of the drainage system of a building or complex for potential new rental or purchase customers.
Once a problem has been identified the damage can be repaired by patching or relining the damaged areas. Drain relining provides a completely new lining within the drain without the need for costly excavation. DALROD provide two types of relining – hot cure and ambient cure depending on the situation.
- The drain relining process begins with the pipework being high pressure water jetted to clean out any debris, silt, tree roots etc. The camera is sent through again to mark the exact locations of any pipes that adjoin the main pipe that will need lateral cutting once the liner has been placed and cured.
- Following the jetting and camera work, the liner is measured to the correct length and marked with any relevant access points. Different types of liner are used for different jobs and some are much more flexible and able to manoeuvre around bends with ease. The liner consists of an inner felt layer with a reinforced plastic outer coating.
- A resin is poured into the liner and forced through the entire length via a mangle system. The impregnated liner is then inserted into and through the damaged pipe. Once the liner is in place it is inflated via the air bag to take on the shape of the existing pipe. The liner is then left to cure.
- Curing time varies according to temperature but ambient curing normally takes approx. 1 hour to harden.
- The air bag is then deflated and pulled back through the pipe, leaving a completely new pipe in place.
- The camera is run through again to check that there are no problems and the marked areas are laterally cut remotely – operated from within DALROD’s state-of-the-art sewer renovation vehicle using the powerful Hydrocutter tool. A copy of the video can be supplied if required.
Water Authority Standards
We provide an extensive in-depth quotation before undertaking any sewer or drain repair works, which can be shown to insurance companies if necessary. Furthermore, we use the most modern and up-to-date sewer renovation methods to ensure all works are carried out to Water Authority Standards.
One of our engineers will be able to come out and assess the situation prior to quotation, and will thoroughly explain the action plan required to get your drains running smoothly again.
Call 0845 22 37 112 or e-mail a member of our team for detailed information.